

"Ladies and Gentlemen!!
The SuperStar Spouse Award goes to:
DEREK C. WILLIAMS"
If only there were a thing! I just have to take a post to brag about my husband. I don't know what bug bit him but he was on a roll yesterday! I think it was the LOVE BUG! :D
There it was, a Saturday morning. He fell asleep kind of early the night before because he was worn out from the week, and at about 8am he woke up nice and happy. He asked me if he should go to the ward farm. I said yes and in 3 mins he was gone! He was working there for a couple hours. Came home to a cute little smile from Jocelyn and he just beamed with pride. He looked at the house and said, "We have gotta take care of this! I'll do the laundry and the dishes, will you do the rest?" My eyes POPPED! Laundry & the dishes!!!! I WILL DO EVERYTHING ELSE! Those just happen to be the 2 things I really did NOT feel like doing. So, he did it. The laundry and the dishes (which were not a small task, if you know what I mean) A little over due. Meanwhile, I cleaned and organized and went through papers. We both just put our iPOD Shuffles on and let the music carry us away! Isn't it amazing how music helps every situation! I can clean so much better when I get to listen to music.
Then, we were done. It was awesome. And we were done about the same time. It really felt like teamwork. Those small and simple moments of success make the day brighter. Then, we had some friends over... the Howards and the Jones'. The kids were playing, dancing, watching Baby Signing time and doing the Diaper Dance! Also I loved how Kali & Lilli loved watching Your Baby Can Read with Jocelyn! I love how kids are just so smart and cute... the tiger would come up. "Will the tiger bite us?" :> I wanted to say no so they wouldn't be scared, but I couldn't lie either... Meanwhile, Kim & I were planning out our upcoming Enrichment Night *THIS TUESDAY @7 at the stake center and we came up with some fun stuff! :>
Derek was on a roll still and decided to cook dinner for all of us! He made delicious chicken burritos! It was just amazing and so nice to have a little brake in the action and he was so happy doing it! I was happy he was doing it... I JUST LOVED this weekend! I hope that we can do this same thing every saturday! TEAMWORK!
So, hats off to Derek for working so hard this weekend! Even after a long week of school & work. I love you so! Thanks for making my life such a joy! xoxox loves&hugs
OTHER NEWS:
-Jocelyn is 7 months old TODAY! crazy how time is flying!
-I'm sorry, but my pictures haven't been uploading, SO... I will have to try on a different computer. That is my homework this week.
"WE'LL LEAVE THE LIGHT ON FOR YOU."
-I am having VISITORS! My cousin Lori from Utah (my Mom's sisters oldest daughter) is coming with her roomate to Oahu for 2 days then over to Maui. I'm so excited that they are going to stay with us! I am actually starting to feel like I do know a few things/ places that are fun. You know, the must dos. I like that feeling. THEN the day after they leave for Maui, guess who's comin to town?!

-Lolli & Pops! My parents are coming Jan 31st! They will be staying with us for 12 days. I can't wait for them to play with Jocelyn! She is just getting to be more and more fun! Derek & I were labeling some of our video tapes and in order to figure out the blank ones, we HAD to watch them. We watched Jocelyn's birth and the weeks after, when she became more alert, the blessing day, then Thanksgiving, then CHRISTMAS! Now 7 months. It's fun to see the little changes. So funny how we get so proud over the slight differences and accomplishments they make.
- Derek got to sit with us at church today! He was released from his calling in the bishopric... which was a wonderful learning and service experience. It was just such a fun change to sit together and have him help keep Jocelyn entertained. She's reaching the point that she can't just sit still for 3 hrs. She needs to be doing, looking, licking, touching, or smiling at something.

- I have been working on a graphic design project for BYUHawaii's Intramural sports program. They asked me to create a design for the T-shirts. I was a little concerned about what he was wanting, but after clarifying I think I can do it! So I'm hoping to get that done before the visitors arrive! But we shall see.
So, if you're in our ward, I hope you come to Enrichment this Tuesday! It should be fun! Say Aloha to my cousin if you see her, and that cute couple that will be beaming with pride are Jocelyn's grandparents. We'll see you soon! xoxox p.s. I love DRock!
3 comments:
It is unbelievable how much you love them! Its been so much fun yet frustrating at times, but the love never stops! And about the hair thing, I think I want a cut, Josh doesn't want me to but I think I want to cut it about to my shoulders!!! But if yor mom doesn't mind cutting it maybe I'll talk to her about it first and get her opinion, I always get nervous cutting my hair, but I definitely want to. (my mom used to cut mine and I was always the same way, trying to cut the least amount off.) Thanks again Hillary!
GOOD JOB DEREK!!!! You are the man :) And those burritos were AMAZING!
the last picture of Derek (in the glamor shots pose) is cracking me up. :)
Post a Comment