Friday, January 16, 2009

Happy 49th Birthday, Daddy!

Randy Ruel Haar, They say it's your Birthday! Happy Birthday TO YOU!
MY Dad
My Daddy is my favorite pal and I help him everyday!
It's plain to see I want to be like him in everyway.
He teaches me that honesty is best in all I do.
I'm very glad that he's my dad!
And I know he loves me too!
~
Dad's Home
I'm so glad when Daddy comes home
Glad as I can be
CLAP my hands and 
SHOUT for joy
and CLIMB upon his knee!
Put my arms around his neck
Hug him tight like this
Pat his cheek and give him what?
A great big CHERRY KISS! 

OH HOW I LOVE:

Your future log cabin... and all your inventions! You're ALWAYS thinking of something new! You are too clever! 
What a MAN! You are a splendid husband, MOM says so, a terrific father, I know so, and you serve the Lord with all your soul! You do your best in all you do! "If you're gonna do it, do it right." You work so hard and religiously even in the yard! Making things beautiful is your perfection! You are consistant and deligent! Always dependable! No matter what the task, you find a way to get it done. And you have a positive attitude: "Alls well that ends!"

You HONOR your mother! Ever since I can remember, and especially since Grandpa passed on, you have gone to Grandma Haar's and WORKED WORKED WORKED! You make sure the light bulbs are new and the sprinklers are working! You fix the air conditioning and the heating! You do it all! And most importantly you call her! You call her everyday to make sure that she is ok! You listen to what she has to say, that way she doesn't feel alone! YOU are the perfect son!
You are so silly... and stlyish! I love that you're wearing MY coat! You are full of jokes and fun stories! Ones that make us laugh and ones that "make our eyes make water." You are a JOY to be around! I loved that you would come pick me up from elementary school on the tandem! Believe me, not many men would do that! OR take their daughter to Six Flags YEARLY! Or show off their daughter on "Take your kid to work" days!

You showed me what I wanted in a spouse! You taught me how to serve. You inspired me to be a parent! If I can have as much fun as you, life with be magnificent!


And you are one amazing Grandpa! "Pops" I know that Jocelyn is very young, but she loves you! She can't wait to see you at the end of the month! She's been accumulating all her smiles and giggles just for you! DON'T you worry! I love you forever. I'll like you for always. As long as I'm living, My daddy you'll be!
"Lots of Love"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Hillary's Dad.


You're right I forgot to put your guess down. Thank you so much for reminding me. I hope our baby comes on your dad's birthday too.

Please don't mind me but i'll be texting you through out the day letting you know how things are going. I can't wait to have visitors if you want to come see the baby. Either at the hospital or at home whatever.

Amy Nielson said...

Happy Birthday to your wonderful dad. I agree that he is a great person. He & your mom will always be some of my favorite people. He is still my favorite bishop I ever had. :) That's why you turned out so great - because of your great parents. :)

Tafa Ohana said...

hillary, u r 2 darn cute!!

Anonymous said...

There is something about being home, but Target is always in the back of my mind. ;) I know I'm gonna miss it here, but I am just ready to be done! I am also so sorry for your friend, I guess I'm not the most sensitive or empathetic person, but I never thought having a miscarriage would be so hard until after I had Paisley. I can't imagine how difficult it would be and I am just so sorry for her, hopefully she is doing as good as she can be despite the situation she is in!