Thursday, November 13, 2008

Guess who rolled over?!


"uh... mom? do something... what is happening?"
Jocelyn & Ansley holding hands! Pretty GIRLS!
I guess Ansley likes ears that poke out a lil bit! Or the headband... either one!

Ansley is 5 months and Jocelyn is 4... they had so much FUN at Katrina's shower!

You guessed it! Jocelyn rolled over! I almost forgot to announce it! We were at our friend Katrina's baby shower and right as we're about to leave we had to put some chairs back. So I laid JoJo on her blanket on the floor. I placed her on her back. I turned around for 30 seconds and then she was on her tummy. I asked if anyone moved her... they all said no... I couldn't believe it! SHE ROLLED OVER! AND I MISSED IT! hahaha Go figure, right! She has done it a few times now. She rolls to the left. I haven't seen her roll to the right yet. Now I really have to be careful about where I put her! She can be in a different place if I don't watch it! Bittersweet. I'm excited that she did it, this day had to come, but it was nice not having to worry about that! She's been sleeping a lot these last couple days, so I guess it's another spurt?

I will have to post the photos from Katrina's super fun baby shower! She's due Dec 5th but I guarantee that lil boy is coming early! He's super active in there! :) So happy for them! Prince Platt will be here soon!

Not much else is new... Derek and I are switching phones, but keeping the same numbers. Pretty exciting. We now have higher quality phones. I really wanted one with the QWERTY keyboard for texting... and I got it! Thanks to CRAIGSLIST... my dad found it for a great deal. Merry Christmas to me! and Derek had a sweet hook up :) WINK WINK to his sister! If only we could find a cheaper price for Rent on craigslist! HEE HEE.

OK, I'm going to confess something. I found the ring of my lifelong dreams! NOT a wedding ring, my birthstone! It's at Sam's Club. I ALWAYS have to look at those glittering kiosks at Costco and Sam's Club! It's torture, but jewelry is my guilty pleasure. It's been hard to find a big aquamarine stone that is a nice shade of blue. They tend to be a pale blue and sometimes it just looks like a dirty diamond. But this is the right color and great size. It has a perimiter of TINY diamonds and a thin white gold band. I was so close to buying it... but not enough money in the bank! HA Lucky Derek, right!


(this is NOT it, but extremely close to it!)

So I came home and told Derek that I would get that ring! I would EARN that money any way possible! SO.... I went through my clothes, my drawers, my closets, my luggage, my bags, my shoes, and my jewelry. I am having a sale! A yard sale if you will! I already sold $50 of clothes to a friend! :> It's great too, because these clothes that are cute, but I just can't fit into right now... I can still enjoy them on other people. So, November 22nd out on Naniloa Loop I will be there with Ashlyn Bigler! If you have things to sale come join us! The more the merrier! The rest of you, bring some cash and check out my goods! Derek is also donating a few things to sale. (spear fishing items) It's Winter cleaning... didn't you get the memo? Oprah's show was also an inspiration! Did you see that one about Peter and the Clutter Crew? So, be thinking of Christmas and birthday gifts! Come get them from me!

Of course if you just want to donate for the cause that's always welcome... items to sale or straight cash-we'll call it the TIP jar! Just teasing! I hope to report very shortly that the ring is on my finger! Photos to come then...

7 comments:

THE SAWYER FAM said...

Woo Hoo!! It's always exciting when your kid does something new. I was soo happy when Mallory rolled over but, like you, I missed it. She would always rollover in bed and I would never see it. But it sound like you guys are having such a fab time in Hawaii! Good Luck with your garage sale!

.Ang. said...

CONGRATS ON THE ROLL!!! I swear i missed the first 10 or 20 of Tykens Rolls. I'd set him down somewhere and he WASN'T Where/how i left him When i came back.

That Ring is SO CUTE!! I wish i had a nice birthstone. I am Orange Topaz, Kinda just a code word for UGLY ORANGE COLOR.. I didnt' like it too much until Twilight i think she explains Edwards Eyes as being Topaz a time or two! :)

I want to help the cause!! But my sister is Flying in that day. Maybe I can get a sneak peak?!?!

and I need your cell number!

Melissa said...

I wanna sneak peek too! pleeeaaaase!

Noelle said...

Children never perform when you want them to and it sounds like Jocelyn is starting that young! That's so exciting though. No matter how many kids you have it's still fun every time they hit a milestone. Speaking of stones I love the ring! My mom has a tradition when we turn 21 she gives us a piece of jewelry that either my dad or our grandma has given to her. I got an aquamarine ring that my dad gave her and I love it! Turns out Brody was born in March and for some reason it made me love it that much more. I hope you raise enough and if you still haven't you should ask Santa.

Anonymous said...

You sure have an the eye for beautiful rings. I'll try to make it for you sale. If you have any cute baby clothes you want to sale please let me know.

Shanae said...

That ring is AWESOME!! Remember Christmas is just around the corner:)

Erin said...

love the ring, i always like to look at the ones at costco too! Sparkles always attract me! You should start trying to babysit people's kids for money! Don't let anyone jip you on price at the yard sale! Good for you earning money!