www.ProtectMarriage.com
www.PreservingMarriage.org
Funny, I never really considered myself as an extremely political person... but recently I've felt the need. I find myself watching the political debates on tv and really trying to select the best for our future and our country. A deep interest has been sparked. To say the least, this issue is a big deal. A very big deal. I can not believe what this will do to our education systems and how it affects our religious beliefs. Just as they want the constitutional right of equality, I want my freedom of religion! This is not just a political issue it is a moral issue. We must stand up for what is right and what is fair. I am grateful for The Family, A Proclamation to the World! I believe that our church leaders are inspired and know how to help us prepare. I pray that for the sake of our families we can stop this. I do not want Jocelyn being misleading information and especially at such young an age as Kindergarten! We honor this man, Mr. Parker, for standing up the way he did! He does know what it means to be a father.
About Prop. 8
The entire text of Proposition 8 is as follows:
"Only marriage between a man and a woman is valid and recognized in California."
Proposition 8: The California Marriage Protection Amendment
Proposition 8 places into the California Constitution the same language that voters already passed by 61% of the vote in 2000. This is necessary to overturn an outrageous California Supreme Court decision that overturned Proposition 22.
About Proposition 8
Proposition 8 is simple and straightforward. It contains the same 14 words that were previously approved in 2000 by over 61% of California voters: "Only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California."
Because four activist judges in San Francisco wrongly overturned the people's vote, we need to pass this measure as a constitutional amendment to restore the definition of marriage as between a man and a woman.
Voting YES on Proposition 8 does 3 simple things:
-
It restores the definition of marriage to what the vast majority of California voters already approved and what Californians agree should be supported, not undermined.
-
It overturns the outrageous decision of four activist Supreme Court judges who ignored the will of the people.
-
It protects our children from being taught in public schools that "same-sex marriage" is the same as traditional marriage, and prevents other consequences to Californians who will be forced to not just be tolerant of gay lifestyles, but face mandatory compliance regardless of their personal beliefs.
7 comments:
Hey Hillary! Wow it has been way too long since I have talked to you! I saw your beautiful little girl at Fresno's stake conference but I didn't realize that it was yours! I saw Jenna holding her and thought, "Who is that cute baby?" I later discovered that you were in Fresno and that she was yours! I am so upset that I didn't run into you and get to chat! Well at any rate your daughter is beautiful and so are you! Your little family is so cute! I love all of the bows! I am so thankful for blogs to be able to catch up with old friends! (I can't believe we are old enough to say stuff like "old friends"!) hehehe
where did you find that video?
Thank you for posting this. I hope all the California voters go out on election day and stand up for what is right. It is scary to see what an effect legalized gay marriage can have on everyone
I tried to copy that code and paste it on an email and send it to some family members but it wouldnt work. hmm...lol
ya everything is good here! only one of the twins is married (john). how is everything with you? your daughter is beautiful!
Good Job Hillary! I was just talking about this with my sister who's in SD. SHe was telling me about Massachusets...freak how do you spell that...oh well. In that state that is hard to spell they passed it and the whole state is going crazy you should look in to it. They are asking for people in the Cali wards to donate 4 hrs a week to fight it. Yikes!
Heyyy, Your blog is cute! I noticed your link on Ashlyns blog. Dinner was so fun the other night, thanks again!! We have to have you all over soon. Question..what did you say that baby book was called again?? I want to look it up, by the wayyy I am going to add you to my list friends!
Hello,
You seem like such sweet people and you have a darling new baby. I admire your family and the love you seem to have. Why would it be wrong for my girlfriend and I to marry and have the same thing? We have been together for two years and consider ourselves lifelong partners. Why would you want us to not be able to have the same legal rights as your partnership? If my sweetie was in the emergency room and I showed up to be by her side, I would be turned away because I am not "legally" her partner. Equally, we do not receive the same tax benefits as your marriage allows, and she isn't offered health insurance through my job's health insurance program. She and I share the same love you two share, and yet in the eyes of the law we are not equal. As compassionate Christians, how can you approve of the treatment of some human beings as different than others?
Best wishes to you and your family,
Callie
Post a Comment