I woke up in the middle of the night to rain... pouring LOUD rain. I looked out the window and what did I see? Water! Water! Up to my knee! Here is what our day has been full of! Derek was so excited to be done with classes!!!! Now he has a 3 week break until Winter semester begins... but he was surprised to wake up and have to grab that "foolish mans" sand to surround the appartments. At 8am our porch area was full of water, but they were able to get it down. But it all went to A & B & C building. I heard that some of the back buildings where pouring out buckets of water from their bedroom windows! That's so sad! And you can also see how tragic for our neighbors in homes across the street! There's a field of water and amid all this sadness, I was so touched by everyone pulling together to help out. Since those of us with kids couldn't go labor with them, we made sandwiches and hot chocolate! These ladies are so thoughtful! As the rain stopped pouring we began to not worry so much. Definitely got us all talking about food storage and being PREPARED!
Are you ready for a rainy day?!?
6 comments:
There is still more rain to come.
Oh by the way, did Katerina have her baby yet?
No way Hillary, that's CRAZY!!! Oh my goodness, did our old building flood?? Be safe and take care of that gorgeous baby!
you got a lot of great pictures!!!
I can't believe the rain!!
holy cow! it's not in your house is it? geeze, that is sooo much rain! And that is another way hand foot and mouth disease is spread in laie...just great!
oh great, hand, foot, and mouth. awesome.
wasn't it such a cool day though! i loved it!
Its so crazy have fast it floods in Laie!
PS One of your friends...I think it's Melissa, is going to be student teaching with first grade at Kahuku. She is going to be right next door to me. Fun...glad its not me student teaching...haha.
Post a Comment