Tuesday, February 12, 2008

All wrapped up



I work in University Advancement which includes: Communications, Special Events, Photography, Graphics, Media Productions, Alumni, and LDS Philanthropies. So, Monique is our head photographer and she is taking online classes to get her Masters in Photography from the Academy of Art University in San Francisco. She's taking a lighting class which assigned her to take a photo in fluorescent lighting, no other flash or tools, just the camera. Of course they are to be creative... but she asked me at work if she could take a photo of my eyes. She had to twist my arm, but I finally gave in. Monique is amazing! All of her work is great! She has an eye for these things and turns ordinary into amazing! So I was excited to see what it would turn out to be. Needless to say, I don't think my eyes have ever looked so good in a photo :D and most importantly her professor LOVED it. She was the only one in the class that did the assignment correctly. So, I hope this explanation helps you understand why I am all wrapped up... :>

4 comments:

THE SAWYER FAM said...

What are you talking about? Your eyes look Amazing in any picture!! Your daughter is gonna have amazing eyes too. Love the pic. Keep me updated in the little one!

Anonymous said...

Wow! your eyes always look amazing but that is one awesome picture.

Pat and Anndalyn said...

Is it even possible to take a bad picture of your eyes? She cheated! The Arabian look is good for you :)

Thanks for the ecard...funny story: I didn't get the card until last night and while I was opening it our guests came over so I didn't finish reading but turned on some music (that plays throughout the house in speakers) and ran down stairs. A few hours later the music stopped and all we heard were crickets. We had a long conversations about crickets in AZ that lead to other things and then Pat and I went on a hunt for the crickets. They sounded like they were in the kitchen speakers! I thought it interesting and then went up stairs to the computer and saw the ecard. Pat said he knew all along there really weren't crickets in the speakers...I'm not sure if I believe him. Anyhoo, thanks for the cute card and adding a little flavor to our evening. I'm so glad you're having a girl and I like the name Caroline!!

Erin said...

i lvoe this pic. amazing!