Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My day to day

These are my mobile uploads! Pictures I've taken on my phone. I am so happy that our phones have a camera on them! Thank you to whomever invented that! It saves space & weight in the purse! :> There are just so many times in a day I sense that Kodak Moment and have to capture it! Here are some from over the last few months...
june 2010 at the bountiful tabernacle

my hott boyfriend

"CHEESE"y face to a T

at the FireFighter park by our old place...


This is Jocelyn's transition to a big girl bed. Once she figured out how to climb out of the crib she'd sneak out (never left that room which is nice!) then she's sleep on the floor... to the right of the picture you can see the corner of a twin bed! Why she wouldn't hop up there is beyond me! hahaha But my mom, Grandpa Brown, and I have taken naps on the floor like this... so I suppose it is in the family. I love how she pulls out the pillow but gives it to the stuffed animal! :D She is so giving! To say the least, we took the crib down and now she sleeps in the twin like a BIG GIRL! :> Now to master potty training...

This is Granny B & Grandpa Brown shucking corn for us! Jocelyn thought it was pretty neat! 
And oh so yummy! Thanks Brown Ones

Jocelyn's curly hair... as requested by my mom

My piano! :D My parents brought it down when they helped us move in... so I don't have a good excuse! I have to get practicing! I recovered the seat... it use to have children's faces on it, from all around the world. Classy.


home sweet home

Jocelyn, after I trimmed her hair! :> So glad it worked!

We were at the playground and she saw the buffalo from across the field! So we just HAD to go "ride" it!

Jocelyn likes to tuck her lil babies in for a quick nap... this is on our couch.

I loved how her hand was on her cheek



HELLO NICKELCADE! One Saturday we all went and chose something fun to do.
 Derek chose the arcades! Jocelyn had some fun too!

A picture says a thousand words, right? hahaha


A $7.50 dress! Gotta love that steal! Thanks, Sophie, for showing me that store!
The one we went to was:

Downeast Outfitters
3505 W 3500
Salt Lake City, UT 84119-2539
(801) 968-1872

"For those who don't know... Down East Clearance Center is a mecca of all things wonderful!!! TRANSLATION: it receives all of Pottery Barns slightly damaged, monogrammed and incomplete (meaning you could find a sheet set that's missing a pillow case...) It's got potential out the wazoo!!" - a review


I got that scarf for $3? Those red Christmas pj's for $2 I will cover or unstitch Hudson! I got 2 dresses for $15, a ring for $3! I could have gone crazy and bought LOTS but I was trying to be a good girl. I will be there again! It's just hard to resist amazing deals! They had Halloween baskets for TrickofTreating, Christmas stockings, and FURNITURE! Such CUTE furniture! UH! Me Likey! And rugs... some had rips, but that part can go UNDER your bed or under the couch! PROBLEM SOLVED! It's a must see!

Jocelyn calls this her Kitty hat! :>

This lil Tony keeps swimmin around whenever I walk by! Hoping for some food! And Jocelyn wishes him a good morning & tells him to eat his food when she's eating. It's a simple little delight!

More nap times! I believe this was the time she put herself to bed for a nap! I walked in due to the disturbing silence and was SHOCKED! 

"Amialls" Jocelyn loves the zoo, loves the merry go round... and LOVES tigers!

(this is not jocelyn)
Not to mention the times she starts singing along with the radio/ music playing! Holding a pen, brush, ANYTHING to use a microphone. MY FAVORITE!

I made this for Halloween! It's a boa & a garland! Too easy! But I saw one at Peir1 and just had to try it out! They used an orange boa and a big black spider on the bottom... so it's not exactly the same, but it just inspired me! Gotta love a cheap decoration! 

THEN I saw this as a fun addition...
Because I already had the twig wreath it took $5 to decorate!


I was changing sheets on the beds/laundry and Jocelyn took the clean sheets I set out and made everyone comfy! :D I think she's looking forward to being a big sister someday.

One Sunday Jocelyn took Derek's hat and put it on! TOO CUTE.
I loved that she just happened to pick her nose as I took a picture! :D
Daddy's GiRL! hahaha (I'm not claiming that action)

Let it SNOW

Jocelyn loved Paisley's M&M 2nd Birthday Party! :>


And this was just yesterday. Jocelyn got a lil flu bug. She took 3 naps & just wanted to lay down all day. She had  a fever... she felt REALLY HOT to the touch but the thermometer was 99.6 underarm. After some medicine and a lil upchuck she felt better. :( This was one of those naps that just happened. She was playing on my bed while I was checking my email and BAM, she was out! :> The other nap she cuddled up with me in bed! That is a miracle! Jocelyn doesn't cuddle. And she doesn't sleep with us. So it was a nice lil treat. We were sad she was sick but as of this morning she seems to be a lot better. Just a lil blown out. (sorry if that is TMI, but I'm happy it's not out the mouth!)

brusha brusha brush-A

So now we are doing dishes & laundry! FUN! 
{I feel like I'm always doing dishes & laundry...}

I hope you enjoyed a taste of my day to day. I am so blessed to have Jocelyn in my life. I know Derek feels the same way. Even though there are times I want to pull my hair out because she's 2, Miss Independent and doesn't want to do what I need her to do... it's ok. I am sure I did the same to my mom. "What Goes Around Comes Back Around" -JT, right? I love her with my whole heart!

4 comments:

Harris Family said...

SOO fun to see all of your phone photos! I too love snapping pics on the fly all around town! miss u guys!

Anonymous said...

I love it. Jocelyn is 100% adorable. I love your piano. and I love your Halloween Decorations.
I totally feel the same way about laundry and dishes.

jones family said...

Loove this post it's seriously so cute with all
the pictures! I miss you guys...

Anonymous said...

How fun! i loved all those pics! It was interesting how quick her naps changed....the bed is always more comfy!