Thursday, October 14, 2010

We be JAMMiN'

Meet GrannyB!
This is my mother's mother... she lives here in Utah 
so it's nice to have some family close to keep an eye on us! 
Especially since I grew up in California & only saw them once a year. :( 

FACT: My GrannyB makes THEE best homemade strawberry jam! 
FICTION: I'm a pro at being a homemaker & jam all the time!
FACT: This was my first time gettin my JAM on! 
FICTION: I'll share the recipe with you! HAHAHA 
{ sorry family secret } jk
So I finally fit in with the "Utah Mom"
I have jammed. 
I do NOT mean this in a bad way.. AT ALL! 
I went to a Relief Society activity where they talked about canning, jamming, 
making a million loaves of homemade bread, 
growing your own garden, ways to make your veggies/ homegrown produce last longer...
and when I got home I looked at Derek and told him I'm sorry for being so inadequate! hahaha 
I really could have cared less 4 years ago about all those things, and that is why I never asked my mom to teach me those things. But I officially think that people, in Utah and everywhere, 
who do this are pretty flippin cool! 
To be able to provide for yourself and make the most of food on a budget! 
WISE.
To say the least, I begged my GrannyB to let me come learn 
how she makes her amazing jam. And being the saint of a lady that she is, she let me!
 Grandpa helps too! He's one awesome man! 
{total understatement}

 WHIP IT! WHIP IT GOOD
 They have quite the system! :> I'm so glad I know the secret now!
SECRET: It's made with LOVE.
a touch of this. a touch of that.
 before:
 AFTER: I bet you want some!

 Jocelyn enjoys this jam on her waffles! She likes to just lick it off... 
so we're working on eating the jam WITH the food. hahaha 
Thanks again, BrownOnes, for letting us come JAM with you!

3 comments:

Gay Haar said...

Thanks for honoring Ma and Pa! Remember those scerets! Wish I was there too....

Anonymous said...

I've been wanting to learn to can for the a year now. Way to do it. It looks Yummy.

Mindy said...

OH I AM SOOOOO JEALOUS!!! That is on the top 10 list of what I miss from Utah. I LOVE Gram Jam. Last time I was there I tried to figure a way to bring some back to Ohio with me, but was unsuccessful. Hopefully my parent still have the jar with my name on it, so I can eat it come Christmas!