Thursday, October 14, 2010

Watch out Design World, here I come!

Graphic Design is how I fill my free time! So, I have done things here & there. And have recently been a lot busier with my graphic design projects. Thanks to the Woods family! :> haha And I look forward to posting those 4 projects I'm currently working on now! Ever since I heard President Dieter F. Uchtdorf say,
"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before. Everyone can create. You don’t need money, position, or influence in order to create something of substance or beauty."                I've wanted to have more time to create! It gave me the courage to put myself out there.  


My mom found something recently from the attic! I don't have the date on this little treasure, but by my handwriting I'd guess I was 12. It was a paper my church leader handed out to us. We were suppose to finish the sentence, and I did, it says, 
"For My Future......"
      I want to start dating LDS boys my age that are good people at age 16. I don't want to kiss a boy until the age of 18, because my dad said that if I wait til then he, my dad, will give me a car!!! I want to go to college for 2 years. I want to get married to some wonderful man that is strong in the gospel. When I have children I will quit my job and be a home mother. Always stay strong in the gospel! Hillary Haar"


Oddly enough I remember writing this down. And I did all of these things! I did wait til I was 16 to date good guys! And I did wait until I turned 18 to kiss so I did get that car! I did get my AS degree in Graphic Design {2 years} and I sure did marry that WONDERFUL MAN that is strong in the gospel! I did quit my job when we had Jocelyn and I am a stay at home mom. 


I always wanted to get my Associate Degree in something I could do from home. For the longest time I wanted to be a masseuse because I knew of people that did that from home and got paid well. But once I took a couple Graphic Arts classes I knew I found something I loved! Now it is time to do more with my graphic design! Please look at my site and if you or people you know need something CREATED feel free to send them my way. :D Thanks a lot!


hillmark.blogspot.com
Hillmark Graphic Design

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Didn't realized you had another blog. But I checked it out and Wow. I'm so excited for you. I want you to create gwenevere's second birthday Invitations. I just need to know the pricing and shipping stuff. You are so awesome. And I love how you set goals and keep them. Way to go Hillary.

Steve Kolb said...

hill, i am so happy you're doing this, you are so talented!