MARRIOTT IN DOWNTOWN SALT LAKE CITY for the Summer semester! June 4th - July 25th! We get to sublease our apartment to a wonderful family that is a friend-of-a-friend! Everything is working out thus far. Now we are looking for a 6 week home. If any of you know of someone/place downtown or there abouts that would be interested in renting out a room or 2 let us know! I have some family there and have found some decent apartments that accept short term leases. So we may do that ... just keeping our options open. Derek will be interning at the Marriott with Joseph Sybrowsky (a friend/BYUH grad!) What a blessing! It is fun to see how things work out so well. I'm sure Derek will post whatever other details I missed on his blog: dcwgold.blogspot.com
I've got this song stuck in my head...
"When you're alone and life is making you lonely
You can always go - downtown
When you've got worries, all the noise and the hurry
Seems to help, I know - downtown
Just listen to the music of the traffic in the city
Linger on the sidewalk where the neon signs are pretty
How can you lose?
The lights are much brighter there
You can forget all your troubles, forget all your cares
So go downtown, things'll be great when you're
Downtown - no finer place, for sure
Downtown - everything's waiting for you
Don't hang around and let your problems surround you
There are movie shows - downtown
Maybe you know some little places to go to
Where they never close - downtown
Just listen to the rhythm of a gentle bossa nova
You'll be dancing with him too before the night is over
Happy again
The lights are much brighter there
You can forget all your troubles, forget all your cares
So go downtown, where all the lights are bright
Downtown - waiting for you tonight
Downtown - you're gonna be all right now
[Instrumental break]
And you may find somebody kind to help and understand you
Someone who is just like you and needs a gentle hand to
Guide them along
So maybe I'll see you there
We can forget all our troubles, forget all our cares
So go downtown, things'll be great when you're
Downtown - don't wait a minute for
Downtown - everything's waiting for you
Downtown, downtown, downtown, downtown ... "

13 comments:
Hey, congrats on your internship! We are excited for you. Gordon's sister had her wedding reception at that hotel! Beautiful place! And Salt Lake City will be lots of fun! I love that city. How fun.
We just met Joseph Sybrowsky's father a couple weeks ago. He came to Oregon to release Gordon's father from being Stake President. Great people!
Good luck with everything! We miss you!
ugh!! i had an entire summer of playdates all planned out. i am close to tears. :( please tell me that you are at least coming to visit this summer?!
That is SO exciting!! I'm planning a trip to SLC the last week in June so I just might have to stop by and say hi!! Good Luck you guys!!
Yay Utah!!!!!!! We're totally hanging out while you're here. I can't wait. Jocelyn is a beauty. I can't believe how big she is and that she's walking. Crazy little girl. I can't wait to meet her and kiss her little cheeks.
Hey you should see if you can stay in someone's house that is doing summer sells! there are a lot of people in SLC that do that! I might know a few people that are leaving for the summer! let me know
hey if it's blogged, that means it's official! sounds fun!
Congratulations!!! I am going to miss you!!! I miss you already :) Do you really have to leave!
Hillary- love the blog (this is Carly's husband). What is Derek's major? I'm wondering what takes him to the Marriott for an internship.
Best wishes in all. And keep up the blogging.
that will be really fun to be able to come to civilization for a month! congrats derek!
I have an uncle that lives right in SLC with his 2 daughters. They have a full basement apt that I know he's rented to family before. Let me know if you want his info.
i'm sad, but excited for you guys. are you still going to make a short trip to cali????? please, please, please.... we miss you and aubree wants to play with jocelyn!
HOORAY! We can hit up TB together like old times!!! Make sure you call me!
Yaaaaay!!! I miss you!!!
Post a Comment