Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Baby steps... here we go!

THIS JUST IN:

1 centimeter dilated
40% effaced
and -2 station!!!!!!!

Prego lingo. Translation... we're beginning to begin! My doctor still predicts I'll be quite close to my due date (July 2nd) but feels I will come a little early. I haven't had contractions... just Braxton Hicks, but they are having an effect! This is all good... I was afraid that my cervix wouldn't be ready and that labor would take extra long because I've never given birth, but the fact that I'm about 40% effaced is a good sign that my cervix is going to cooperate-so I'm told. ;) Ready or not!

xoxox

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, she is really coming!!!!!! i'm so excited for you and to have a new baby as my new neighbor too!

Anonymous said...

yippee, hurray. You are so lucky. My sister-in-law just had her first baby and her cervix wouldn't dilate at all.

You are in our prayers and the baby too.

Please let me know if we can do anything for you.

I keep telling James he needs to home teach you soon so we can give you the baby present we have for you.

We love you guys.

Take Care.

Stopher and Nicolle said...

i'm so sad I won't be there. don't go all crazy and not allow visitors..because when i get back i want to see her!!

THE SAWYER FAM said...

It's so crazy huh? I'm sure you're all so excited. I remember when my doc told me all those numbers and I got all excited but then I never changed at the next appointment, or the next, or even when I was induced. So, she decided to come out the easy way via a C-section... but hey at least she had a nicely shaped round head when she came out! Anyay, I'm excited for you two and do keep us updated! Relax as much as you can... you won't be sleeping in for the next 18 years! =P

Janean said...

How EXCITING!!! im so excited to see what she looks like.. shell be gorgeous!!!

Ryan and Megan said...

WOOOO!!!! I wish I was there to help take care of you! Make sure that Derek is spoiling you and massaging your cute swollen feet. :)

Christine said...

HILLARY!

thats awesome you are dilated! i just made a blog this weekend...so bear with me as i try and figure out yet another site!! :) miss and love ya

-Christine

Stopher and Nicolle said...

So Chris told me you were delivering today...and my bff from back in WA delivered on Monday, so all day I have been clicking on you guys, but it's super confusing because you are both married to Derek's... I want pics ASAP!!

Erin said...

yay, so exciting! You better put tons ofpics up when she gets here. make sure the biglers have ear plugs, or else they are going to be up whenever you and the baby are up!

Noelle said...

Congratulations Daddy Derrick and Mommy Hillary! I heard she's here. I'm so excited to see the little devil that caused you so much grief during your pregnancy! Just kidding... about the devil thing. I can't wait to see her! Congratulations again!