Wednesday, February 2, 2011

hello world


 jojo in a couple hello kitty items... being my cute lil lady!
my newest BFF's... my Mia Maids! we went to Cinderella the high school musical 
since Kristen was in the PIT! it was super fun to go and hear! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Lately. 

Well, I feel that this year has already gone by quite quickly! I feel like my sloppy house shows for it. Why is it that cleaning never stay that way long enough? I keep looking for that magic wand! UH! :>

Well, I believe this is my 3rd week going to the gym 4x a week. I totally latched onto my new friend Aubrey! haha She's also pregnant and she's so motivated! I asked her if I could come with her and poor thing she's stuck with me now! :D Here's the impressive part. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday I get out of bed at...
in the morning... before the sun! And this week that's been too difficult since it's about 8 degrees at that time! I've never been so cold in MY LIFE! But we work out for about an hour. We have a trainer that tells us what to do. I got a hook up for a sweet price! It's a $90 discount! That's all I'm saying! And there are no contracts. So I'll do this as long as my doctor says I can then after baby I'll get back to it. I have to admit to the world that when Aubrey doesn't go, I have a hard time going that early on my own! *We go that hour because of her work/family schedule... and really by the time Derek gets home there's little time for us all to hang out as it is. So morning is best. Why am I telling you all this, because then I have to keep doing it :> 

Jocelyn is 25 months old! She's months what I am years. She's 2 and a half. And let me tell you that I have had a rough patch with her. She's been testing my discipline and pushing for independence :> Bless her lil sweet heart! I had to watch about 4 episodes of SuperNanny to be pumped up for discipline! I was reminded some great things and the first few days were hard but now Jocelyn IS GETTING BETTER at listening to me. KNOCK ON WOOD. The whole, "this is your warning" then "time out" and how to do a proper timeout! Jocelyn stopped staying in her spot and she'd start walking away... but I was reminded to just put her back NO TALKING! And it's been working, Ladies & Gentlemen! It's magic. That SuperNanny knows her stuff! But aside from that difficult moments she's SO full of fun! Full of energy and LOVES animals! She is STILL growling like a tiger at people and I'm STILL embarrassed hahaha She's really tall for her age and it's crazy to see how tall she really is... more like a 3 year old. Where is that coming from? Derek's an average height and I'm barely 5'4"! But she has been good at stores, which for a while never happened! And she's a chatter box! Even though I can't always tell what she's saying! hahaha. I love her with my whole heart! And I do enjoy this age. There are lots of challenges, but her world is changing a lot! So I do understand. She's starting to communicate, and having to use a potty and THINK about things, she wants to do things on her own and gets frustrated when it doesn't happen right off. But she is persistent! :> And she is my sweetie! I love watching her sleep. And when she's sitting on the couch she'll hold my hand. THAT is what makes my day! Even if the dishes AREN'T done! Those tender moments make me gleam! 

Potty training? I was going to try the 4 day deal with her, but this week has been a little too busy. But I AM READY for no more diapers! I am ready for the potty to get it's FULL usage and for that money to go to other things! I hope she's ready and that this will go smoothly! Maybe next week I can carve out time!? 

Derek. Dear Derek! He rolled his ankle playing b-ball. He came home limping on Saturday and I thought for sure it was another "cry wolf" scenario because I DO get those a lot! But it was for real. The first couple days were pretty bad... lots of hobbling or laying down but he's already able to walk better and it doesn't seem as swollen. He did say this isn't as bad of a sprain as he has had before. So no more bball for him for a while. He is loving his job! We are blessed that he is employed and with such a great company. I know how lucky we are...

BABY #2
I am 18 weeks! I have an apt on Friday and then Feb 15th we find out the gender! I hate that I'm having to wait until the 20th week but that's just when the schedule the SPECIAL ultrasound. However, my Mother QUICKLY reminded me that she had to wait the full 40 weeks! :> So of course I' m loving the technology to find out. And sure, we could go pay to find out sooner but I am trying to be patient. Derek's insurance changed at the beginning of there year. MINI HEART ATTACK! But I can keep my same doctor and the coverage is actually better. So that is nice. I felt baby move last week as I laid in bed! It was so exciting. Derek could even fill him/her. I will be shocked if it's a girl and shocked if it's actually a boy. I tried saying "I'm having a boy" and it just seemed weird. haha I find perks to both and am equally excited. I am trying to make sure I don't gain the same amount of weight as last time! WOW that was a mistake! And I don't want to get gestational diabetes again! So I'm trying to eat right. But it just so happens I enjoy my carbs... be it pasta or fruit!!! ANY SUGAR even if it's natural. I have to really monitor what I take in. I think I have about a month before I take that test... so I really am praying. I mean, sure I can monitor my diet but I'm more concerned about baby and my long term health if I do get it again. It can be a scary thing ... it increases my chance of get real diabetes. ANYWAYS, I'm feeling great, I see a bump, some people have said that can't tell, and Derek hasn't taken a picture of me when I asked, THROWN UNDER THE BUS RIGHT THERE! hahaha But hopefully soon. We hope to be able to take Jocelyn into the gender ultrasound apt. I think she'd enjoy it. NAMES? Not discussing it... Derek and I can't agree on anything so we're just waiting to find out the gender. That eliminates half the battle! :D hahaha If it is a boy, I warn you. Derek gets to choose. And he wants a "unique" name... his first choice was Slayter. But we shall see what happens! hahaha OH BOY. 

I will post pictures soon of the most recent haps. I hope you're all doing great! STAY WARM! I'm frozen!

9 comments:

Erin said...

how exciting! holy cow on waking up so early, but way to go! that is awesome! fun that you are feeling good and get to find out soon! My dr. made me wait longer too, some dr.s just seem to think that then they will be 100% right instead of 90% sure i guess! I am excited. You seem like an all girl family...my guess would be another girl!

James and Elizabeth said...

Way to go Hillary. James has been trying to motive me to work out more. I finally feel like I can again, so I shall take your motivation and move with it. Thanks for sharing. keep up the good work. exercise will really help reduce the changes of gestational diabetes. I have the same worry. Keep it up.

I can't believe how big Jojo is getting. I've learned it's time to really enforce discipline with Gwenevere and I'm so nervous. Thanks for sharing. I just hate timeouts I've seen so many parents use timeouts wrong and they don't do anything. It's good to hear they are working for you and Jojo. I'll need to start trying them with Gwenevere and see what happens.

Becky Smith said...

Hey Hillary Congrats on baby number two!! I am so happy for you!

Kacy said...

Congrats, I am so excited for you!!! Way to go on the gym! :)

Anonymous said...

Nice up date! Jocelyn is as cute as ever. I don't always love the independent thing...good thing for super Nanny ;)

Too bad about Derek's ankle...I'm sure it wont keep him down for long.

I can't wait to find out what your having, its so exciting. And good for you for working out, I'm sure you'll be fine. Its so hard to have the self control to monitor what you eat. But your strong enough. :)
We'll have to get together soon. Paisley has a Valentine for Jocelyn and I have your book and Derek's shirt from the last time the guys played ball up here.
Good luck with the Name situation! ;)

Rachel said...

Great update, Hillary! So many great things going on for you right now. Keep up the good work at the gym. Can't wait to find out what you're having!

Ryan, Natalie and kids said...

How funny; Mae has definitely been testing my patience lately as well. Must be a 2 year old thing :). Hey your baby #2 also has Mae's original due date as well. How ironic! Ryan has been trying to call Derek, but can't get a hold of him. Do you think he has the wrong number??

Mary Boyd said...

Okay, I am so proud of you for working out! Go Hillary! Jojo is looking adorable by the way, no big surprise with such a beautiful mama! Congrats on the new baby, I can't wait to find out the gender too! That's my favorite part! Love you guys and take care!

Sweet J said...

We have the cutest girls!