Sunday, March 7, 2010

Simpleness

MY LIFE IS BUT A WEAVING BETWEEN MY GOD AND ME.
I DO NOT CHOOSE THE COLORS, AND HE WORKETH STEADILY.
OFT TIMES HE WEAVETH SORROW, AND I, IN FOOLISH PRIDE,
FORGET HE SEES THE UPPER AND I THE UNDERSIDE.
NOT TILL THE LOOM IS SILENT AND THE SHUTTLE CEASE TO FLY
WILL GOD UNROLL THE CANVAS AND EXPLAIN THE REASONS WHY.
THE DARK THREADS ARE AS NEEDFUL IN THE SKILLFUL WEAVER'S HANDS
AS THE THREADS OF GOLD AND SILVER IN THE PATTERN HE HAS PLANNED.




With all that happens in life and especially to my dear friends and family recently, I have been brought to deep reflection. I know this life is filled with love and laughter, tears and sorrows. There is a time and a season for all. I have so many reasons to rejoice! I am blessed with so much! I have a husband that loves me, that serves me, and sacrifices so much for me! I have a beautiful healthy daughter that is brilliant and angelic in my eyes. I have parents, grandparents, aunts & uncles that teach me so much by their examples of service and courage. They have sacrificed for ME... and I am grateful. I have cousins and friends that build me up and inspire me! I have a peace inside me that guides and teaches me. I love Jesus Christ, my Savior, my Redeemer. I love my God. He is all knowing and forgives us despite our follies. I know God loves me. I know He has a plan. I know He wants us lead back to him and so we have a prophet to guide us. Thomas S. Monson is a man of God. He is not a perfect man but as a prophet he is perfect in his counsel. He speaks the will of the Lord. And the even smaller ways God communes with us is by sending dear, tender mercies. So often unexplainable, so precious, so rare. It's their simplicity that empowers me to remain full of hope. They are so dear to me.

Today we read about Abraham and Isaac when Abraham was asked to sacrifice his son. I can not even begin to imagine being asked to do such an act. What a test! To fear God more than self or sorrow. I see that Isaac symbolizes us, that Christ was the lamb to take our place... that he died and was resurrected. The atonement is so sacred and precious. I hope to better understand it! I know I have much to learn ... wisdom to gain. Today I learned how necessary it is for me to attend church. To be strengthened by others... even those I do not know. To have time just as a sisterhood and feel of the Holy Spirit. What a blessing it is! I have a passionate belief in this Relief Society I am a part of. I know that being independent at BYU-Hawaii helped me lean on those around me. To grow and not depend on my family as much as was comfortable. To reach out and see that there are other ladies going through the same things I am. To let them support me. And in turn lift them up in their struggles. I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the true church. That it is led by God. It is here for our happiness! I need all of your examples and friendship. Thank you for being you. For standing tall and immovable. I love you!

3 comments:

Randy Haar said...

You are evidence enough to me that God lives... and then to hear your sweet testimony makes me feel so pleased. My Greatest Blessing is being married to your beautiful Mommy & being yours for Eternity. That is more than I could ever hope for and so well worth it. I love what kind of Mommy and Daddy you both are to our Little Jocelyn. Forever Yours, your Proud Papa

SABigler said...

thanks for sharing your beautiful testimony, it was just the little boost of love from our Savior that i needed. i will always look up to and your strong desire to be a righteous women. You are an AMAZING person!

Gay Haar said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! do you know who wrote that poem? if so, please post it.