This is Jocelyn & Ansley Gunter's photo shoot at Katrina's baby shower. Jocelyn was 4 months & Ansley 5 months. Aren't they so silly.
The reason I am posting about this dear friend of mine, Ansley's mother Amanda, that I met here at BYU-Hawaii. is because there has been a tragedy.
I got to know her because her husband had some classes with Derek & we had quite a few friends in common. We would play games together and such before we had our little girls. Jocelyn is just 1 month younger than Ansley, their daughter. So we were prego together & I was always able to look a month ahead at what would happen next with the pregnancy and Jocelyn. All this until recently, they moved home.
We got a call from Gordon & Katrina Platt yesterday, which in and of itself was a treat! But their news was horrific! They told us that the night before there had been a fatal car accident...
September 17th 2009, in the evening, Amanda Gunter passed away.
Then I text a few friends that knew her. Shanae's mom had been Levin's mom's room mate. Shanae's mom called her, Thelma, and found out the story:
Levin, Amanda and Ansley had made a surprise visit to see Levin's parents in North Carolina. They had been currently staying with Amanda's parents in South Carolina. Thursday night they headed back to South Carolina and for what ever reason Levin had drifted off the road and when he had swerved back onto the road he ended up in the other lane and was T-boned by the on coming vehicle. Amanda had been in the back watching a movie with Ansley, then moved to the front. She hadn't had time yet to put her seatbelt on before they got hit. So Amanda passed away! Levin is in critical condition in the hospital. He is in and out of consciousness and sweet little Ansley walked away with what looked like a rug burn on her forehead. The extra sad part is that Amanda was expecting another baby. She was 18wks along.

Thelma said that one of the times when Levin was conscious and understood what had happened, he made the comment that he didn't think he would be able to love any one again as much as he loved her.
She was just so easy to love.
She was full of life and so crafty! I had a lot of fun craft nights with her. She was always smiling! A very helpful friend. I pray that Levin will be able to make it through. It will be hard for him to love again! Ansley needs him! I pray he can rely on the Atonement and realize that Christ suffered his pains and is the only one that knows exactly how he feels!
From experience I know that you CAN feel the power of prayers. Please keep this sweet family in your prayers!
Never forget to say I love you. It could be your last chance.
Amanda thanks for your example, friendship & for being a living witness of Jesus Christ. I love you! We miss you!
5 comments:
Hillary, I'm so sorry!
Hillary, I'm so sorry!
how sad. you always have so many sad stories on your blog that make me cry!
thanks goodness they will all one day see each other again.
makes you realize to really take advantage of time with your spouse and children as much as you can!
My heart aches for all her family! I haven't stopped crying since I have read this! IS there anything we can do, or send to help Levin, the baby or her family? Any address or e-mail? They are definitely in my prayers and I hope their testimonies and knowledge of the gospel will help carry them through this horrible life experience!
This is a sad story. I found out on facebook and balled the whole night. And when I just read this post I teared up again. She was and is such an amazing woman. Always positive, friendly and such a good person. We pray too for Levin and his well recovery.
Post a Comment