This was slow in the posting, but at Jocelyn's 3 week b-day, if you will, she had a fever of 101.2! I was unsure what to do and with the help from family and friends we called the doctor 4am and he sent us to the hospital. First the one in Kahuku then to Kapi'olani (Honolulu) for a 48hr monitoring and testing. On one of the tests it showed there was bacteria in her blood, but THEN they discovered it was a contaminant from when it was drawn. All in all it was emotional but she was just fine! She just got a lil bug from somewhere and it was taken care of in a day. Better to be safe than sorry! That's for sure. But while we were there Derek and I enjoyed that pull out chair together! ha ha They have a rule of no one sleeping on the floor or in the crib with the baby! ;) Could you imagine Derek climbing in there with her!? We had very nice nurses that were helpful and consoling. All is well that ends well! But it was sad to see her get pricked and poked so much. Now she's happy and healthy, we just need to plump her up a bit! Thanks for your love and prayers!


6 comments:
Oh sweetheart I feel for you two! (three ;) Charlotte was 9days when we went in to Children's for 4 days! Scary when they are so small and sad to watch them get pricked and checked every 5 minutes! I am glad she is healthy and happy again!
fevers are SO scary ... especially with the first. i'm glad she's ok. aren't you so gratefu for a priesthood-holding hubby in times like that :)
Its good to hear she's ok. Its so exciting yet I'm anxious at the same time to think about having a baby. Its nice to be surrounded by people who are knowledgable and ready to help whenever its needed! See ya guys soon!
I'm so sorry. What a scary experience. I'm so glad Jojo was okay. You are a great mom taking good care of your little angel.
im glad shes ok, how frustrating and scary.. and she is soo little. tell your husband, we are having a boy not a girl and that HE (derek) should hope that your little girl will someday be as funny as her mom (her dad could use a little help) and MORE righteous than her dad.. (so she can be institute pres and gospel doctrine teacher) CTR.. what a character.
As a baby nurse and as a mom of a baby that was in the hospital for a week after birth, I feel your pain. And talking about pokes, just wait til the immunizations... I hate them. I'm so glad that she didn't have bacteria growing in her blood that could've been bad. But, hey, at least now you're more prepared for the next fever, right? Good luck and pinch those cute little cheeks for me! =P
Post a Comment