Thursday, April 24, 2008

30 weeks down - 9 weeks to go


Yes sir ee! It's true! I've never been a sleep-aholic, had allergies, heart burn, swelling aka elephantitis of the feet, gestational diabetes, sinus infections, so many "love lines," or the inability to see my feet! ;) But, as Derek reminds me, "Once you see our little girls face, it will all be worth it!" How true!

I have to admit, that now as I'm 30 weeks, I'm pinching myself! It's as if the weeks have flown by! To think that I'm about 9 weeks away... that's just scary! I'm THRILLED, please don't get me wrong, but it's such a powerful concept. I pray for strength! The Lord has blessed us so far, I have faith He will carry us through.

Until then, we've jam-packed our 1 bedroom appt with all the baby goods: swing, crib, high chair, baby blankets, princess couch, pump, diaper bags, bouncer, the cutest baby clothes-shoes-and-headbands ever, and a used stroller! I got hooked up! Thanks Kara, Leah, and Shanae for the hand me downs! And thank you family for the LOVELY gifts you've already given! I can't wait to use them!

Derek has been blessed with 2 great job possibilities! Both with nice pay and they will both give him great experience! Selling Marriot timeshares at PCC and being a media/camera man here on campus! It's exciting to see what could be. Derek is not taking any classes this semester so that we can both save up! He will take classes during Summer semester and go all the way through til Decemeber 2009 when he is to graduate with a major in Hospitality/Tourism and a minor in Instructional Developmental Design (media). Next summer, he should have an intership lined up and we hope for it to be in Las Vegas, California, or Washington! He's doing amazing! Balancing everything, he's my SUPERMAN! He's dedicated to this new workout program, P90X! You can't eat sugar and obviously, need to eat healthy, but its 6 days a week of intense work outs! So far he hasn't missed one, and aside from 1 close call, he hasn't had sugar! WOWsers!

I have 36 days left of work! I can't wait to organize my files at home and get everything ready for mama time. Our fingers are crossed... we hope to get a nice 2 bedroom appt. Otherwise we'll just be 3 bugs snug in a rug! That last few weeks before my due date will hopefully give me some time to relax before my life is forever changed! We will see if we can afford me not working, otherwise I will. We will see how things go. Please come visit, come one come all! We'd love to have you!

Aloha~

10 comments:

The Schaaf Family said...

Are you SO excited? I've been trying to get in touch with you for like ever! Crystal and you are going to have babies within days of eachother! UNBELIEVEABLE!!! Hey my email is kaschaaf06@hotmail.com and my cell is (435)757-8879, call me or email me ASAP!!! Love Manda

Hammels said...

I am so happy that things are working out nicely for you guys. I have to say there are times when being pregnant is no fun, your body no longer belongs to you. I am sure all those ailments will disappear when she arrives.
THANK YOU for the basket, so yummy. Katherine had two turtle heads!
Hang in there.

Kim said...

Hi Hillary!
I just happened to come across your blog...funny the people we come across "blog-hopping". Congrats on the belly! And Derek is right...when the baby comes it makes it all worth it. We are so lucky that they have chosen us to be their parents. Mine little one is turning one tomorrow! Time flies so take it all in and she will be here before you know it!

Noelle said...

It's a good thing pregnancy only lasts 9 months because if it was longer I don't think anyone would do it twice. We're so excited for you guys. You're going to be the greatest mom!

THE SAWYER FAM said...

Nice Blog Hill... And Derek is right for once, you're body may never be the same but everytime you look at your daughter, you'll be reminded at just how worth it it all was. Being a mommy is very challenging but the rewards are so sweet and the love is unreal. I'm more than excited for you both and we're crossing our fingers for you too!

Janean said...

hey my cutest little lady ever!!! did you ever find my blog? not that you really have time or energy.. i know how it goes... so write me back or facebook msg me!!! LOVE you!! and i hope you move to CA, if not maybe we will buy a timeshare from derek.. seriously.

Jack and Heidi Shiner said...

I can't believe that you are so close!!! I love you and miss you and I know that you are going to be a great Mom. When are you guys coming to visit?? And don't worry if we are ever in Hawaii, we will deffinatly come and visit. Call me sometime.

p.s. I have some HOT pictures of me with PHAT feet and swolen face that I should show you. You are lookin 10 times better then I did.

luv u

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading about your upcoming adventures. It is amazing how much you and Derek have grown over that last year. (and I don't mean physically.) You guys are a great example to James and I. We watch you attend the temple, serve faithfully in your callings, conduct your house so that the spirit is present, and get ready to bring a child into this world. The Lord has truly blessed your lives, and I feel humbled to know you. I'm so grateful to have been called to serve with you. I have learned so much from you example and I love you to death. You'll be in our prayers as your due date gets closer. I can't really imagine having a baby but if I could imagine it, I think I would be crying for weeks scared to death of the whole process. You are one brave women. I'm excited to see your new baby soon. We love you guys.

Harris Family said...

Cherish these last few weeks! Sleep in, spend alone time with Doobers and get ready for the whirlwind that is about to arrive. You will love her more than you thought possible and ALL will be worth it and more.

MISS YOU GUYS!!!!!!

Erin said...

woo hoo. she is almost here. ill be honest i pray that she is early so i can hug and kiss her before we leave! you guys will be great whether you have a big or small apartment...just think tons and tons of people do the small apartment thing...it's the whole experience of being poor! Plus the bonding will be amazing and you will laugh about it down the road!