Friday, October 14, 2011

Boo!

Today I do just about nothing! haha but life hasn't slowed down for us, that is for sure. 


  • Tiana was born. 
  • We moved into our home.
  • We've been renovating our home. {post on this to come soon...}
  • Derek's Grandma, Annette Bennion Clark, came to visit :) Always a treat!


  • Derek's brother, Jeffrey, got married to Monica :) I have a new sis! We got to go to California & see family! 
The Bridal Shower

  • My GrannyB passed away :'( September 21st
GrannyB, Gpa Brown, my mom and her sisters (2 brothers missing from this photo)
The Grandsons

  • Jocelyn's been severely constipated and after months of trying to fix this from home, she had to go in to Primary Children's hospital to be "cleaned out." A 39 hr process of tubes, iv's, an enema, and too many tears. But she was all cleared by the time we left. They took great care of her at Primary's!
  • Jocelyn has a hernia from pushing and will have to have it surgically taken care of in the next couple weeks because part of her bowl is in the hernia :(

  • Tiana was blessed this last Sunday, Derek did a beautiful job and it was so nice to have a few friends and family there with us!
Tiana's 3 months old now
  • I am undergoing some diabetes experiments: to determine what my condition is. It appears I have what's called LADA Diabetes. aka Type 1.5. Latent autoimmune diabetes in adults. some info about LADA Quite honestly, I don't like talking about it. Simply because I don't like that it's happening. Yes, immature of me. I am on a medication that I inject daily and is hopefully going to help balance my sugars and insulin while making me feel full and hopefully aid in a more rapid weight loss. 
  • I got called to teach in SUNBEAMS at church and I get to teach this Sunday for the first time. There are five little 3-4 year olds. They're just darling. But come January 1st it will be interesting to see how Jocelyn does with me as one of her teachers. 
  • my laptop crashed and i miss my graphic design program!
  • my camera is under the weather so i can't take pictures as easily
  • waa waa waa, and some more waa B) jk
I think those are the main points of interest of of the last couple months. My parents have been here quite a few times! My mom in particular. She kept asking me what I'd gotten done around the house but seeing as how I was feeding a newborn every couple hours, and entertaining a 3 year old, not much, if anything else, was being done. So she can to SAVE THE DAY! The girls rooms are finished and the kitchen is ALMOST done. The flooring on the main floor is all in. About 50% of the paint is done. I do love projects but it's been taking me a lot longer than I'd hoped to get some things done on my own. Such is life I suppose. And I'm sorry, I don't want to put up pictures until the after is completed. :) Perfectionist. But I just might... we'll see. You just have to promise to remember we aren't done yet!

We are happy and oh so blessed! We get to have Derek's dad and one of his sisters here for Thanksgiving with their families. CAN NOT WAIT! It will be so much fun! Until then we shall keep working on our home,  start celebrating a lot of birthday's, get Jocelyn and my health more thoroughly inspected, and celebrate Halloween. One of my FAVORITE holidays! :D

3 comments:

Melissa said...

man! you have had A LOT going on!!! Way to keep on keeping on and be positive through it all! I am glad your Mom helped a lot. Mine has too and I swear we would have not much done if it wasn't for my parents.

Love that picture of your girls in their Halloween attire! Teo little cuties!

Anonymous said...

Love all the updates!! I am so excited about the progress in the house and that you guys are getting some answers to your health problems! Poor Jocelyn needing surgery!! I hope that goes well. Let me know if you need anything!

James and Elizabeth said...

First off I love the picture of you and Derek. You amaze me.

I love your family and my heart goes out to you for all the ups and downs you've faced these last couple of months. But on the plus side of things. You baby girls are ADORABLE.

I hope to see more pictures of them soon.