Sunday, December 20, 2009

3 year honeymoon


we wish you a merry kissmas and a happy root beer



and the closest video taken...



STOP THE KARMA!



so i don't have the emotional stamina to really blog right now.
today was our last sunday in hawaii. the sand aloha oe to us. i was released from my favorite calling. i have loved this ward, my friends, the relief society, the weather, the experiences! i love the diversity! i love the spirit that is always present.

we have had family here and it has been grand! we have celebrated birthdays and graduations! we have packed and are left with just cleaning. we have given away all our food and sold our last items. we are done here. it's a bittersweet thing. i would make a pro con list to compare but they would both be long and i just dont want to bring all the thoughts to the fore front. we will be staying until the kick us out... because although i am excited to see where our future leads i am holding on the the past to present now!

so, i dont know how it came up, but we were looking for a certain video and it made me want to check out the pictures that i took this day last year. what a difference in jocelyn. what a difference in derek and i. what a fun thing to look at!

i love you 1 and all! thank you for being you. for making my world in hawaii so bright! i will miss you. i look forward to what is next. i will never forget my 3 year honeymoon! derek and i are ready to start our "married life" and grow up.... well, not ready but here it comes!

xoxox god be with you til we meet again.

4 comments:

Kim's just sayin' said...

the worst part about the whole thing is tonight is your last night here and we aren't even playing!!! so sad. I'm not gonna lie. I'll miss you but I'm excited for you to move on...sort of :)

I just wish we could all move to the same place at the same time....someday right?!?!?

THE SAWYER FAM said...

I'm sure it's so bittersweet leaving that paradise! You and Derek will look back on that time as having had some of your best adventures! We will sure be glad to welcome you all back to the mainland though! Do you know where you are moving to when you get here?? Good luck and have a safe trip!

Erin said...

so sad. and if you are like the rest of us, you will cry at least for the next year about how you are missing the hawaii family!

Jana and Rob said...

I remember how sad I felt our last few days in Hawaii. I still dream about Hawaii and get sad thinking about it. I'm sorry you had to leave, it's not fun. I hope you can make friends quickly and love your life on the mainland too.